Pilgrims in documents
During their stay in the city the Pilgrims got married, bought houses, got involved in disputes and made wills. In this database you will find the documents the Pilgrims left behind. All records consist of the following data:
- Names of all the people mentioned in the document, in the modern English or Dutch
- Places and streets mentioned in the document, in the modern English or Dutch
- Description of the source (archive, volume)
- Number of archive
- Number of source
- (sometimes) additional number of source
- page or number of act.
- A short description of the content of the document.
- The full transcription of the document itself
- A scan of the document
You can search by name, date, place, street and you can do a free search.
Pilgrims who travelled to America are indicated in the text of the description by a letter for the ship they travelled with: M for Mayflower, F for Fortune, ALJ for Anne and Little James, M2 for the second Mayflower.
Those Pilgrims who travelled separately have an approximate year of emigration behind their name.